Science party faq's
Our Science Parties have got that ‘Something Different’ and ‘Wow’ factor that children and parents desire! With Smoke Rings, Fizzing Potions, Bubbles, Flying Sparks, spectacular demonstrations & hands-on activities like making slime, we’ll have the children spellbound from start to finish!
We know we can make your party absolutely unforgettable but also easy for you to organise, taking most of the stress away from the day. Here are a few Frequently Asked Questions to help plan your Science Party Itinerary.
How long does the science party last?
It’s up to you! You can start with the basic party package which lasts 1 hour and add as many of our party extras as you like, with each extra lasting 20 minutes.
What’s the ideal age for a science party?
Our science parties are suitable for children aged 5 to 11 years old.
Where can a science party be held?
We can hold our science parties at any chosen location, but it’s best to discuss with us first so we can double check our availability and that the amount of space at the venue is adequate for our experiments.
what do i need to organise for the party?
All we need is a large enough space for the number of children attending, a table, and access to electricity and water.
do you provide party invitations?
We supply you with a digital copy of our Bright Sparks science-themed party invitations in the form of a downloadable PDF attached to the booking confirmation email.
what should the children wear?
Children should wear comfortable clothes – not their best outfit please, as we plan to keep them busy and some activities can get a little messy! An apron will be provided for messy chem-mystery party activities. And a protective mat will be used on the tables and floor.
do you provide party bags?
We do! Our fantastic science party bags are tailored for the occasion and come with 6 different science-based toys.
how many children can come to my child’s science party?
We aim for anywhere between 10 and 20 children as it allows us to include everybody in our hands-on activities.
is the science party safe?
Of course, we take your child’s safety very seriously. All of our experiments have been performed before without any incident, but we are fully insured in case of an unforeseen event.
what is the Party Booking process?
You are invited to make your Birthday Party booking as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
- Please call to check the date availability.
- Once a date has been chosen a link to a booking form will be emailed through to you to complete via Active Network. A payment in full or a £100 deposit will be required to secure your booking date and time. Party dates and times are then fixed. If however your circumstances change, please let us know as soon as possible and we will do our best to change to meet your needs.
- A balance payment for your party will be taken automatically on the Monday after your party. Payments are non-refundable, however we will endeavour to accommodate date and time changes where possible.
- Any changes to the party arrangements will be made in writing from the management to the customer. It is important that during the booking stages you inform us of any Bright Sparks shows your child may have seen in the past. This will help us to ensure that the presentation has the best chance of being new to the guests at the party.
- Travel to and from your event is charged per mile for a journey outside of a 10 mile radius, from our office. We may still be able to accommodate your needs if you are outside of these areas, but charges will apply.
- In order to prepare for your party it is important that we have an exact number of attendees at least 5 days prior to the party. If we do not hear from you we will assume that the final number is that stated on your initial booking.
- Once your deposit has been received you will be sent an automated confirmation email, detailing exactly what have booked.
- 3-7 days before the party date, you will be given the details of your allocated scientist, including their name, contact number and estimated time of arrival.
- We recommend inviting people to arrive 10 minutes prior to the scheduled start time. It is important for our scientist to keep to the schedule as they may have other events to attend.
- We have a variety of Birthday Party Kits available. All shows require a table for us to present our equipment from. Most shows will also require access to an electricity socket and water. Some shows will also require that the room can be darkened. Please let us know during your booking if any of the above can NOT be fulfilled.
- Some experiments require the use of smoke pellets or flammable substances. Please ensure this does not breach any contract for venue hire you may have as it may effect which party theme will be suitable.
Terms and Conditions
Full Terms and Conditions are available here Bright Sparks Events – SCIENCE PARTY – Terms and Condition for PARENTS